Friday, January 08, 2010

thoughts

me being a workaholic have come to a realization that at the end of the day
what i do doesn't even matter..
what counts is my closeness with God
if the things i do cause me to drift far away
then at the end of the day i'd be a mile away from Him without even realizing it.
that its ok to do less things but in those, i find Him, i grow to rely, draw nearer to Him..

having a busy schedule is nice to see (accomplished) as compared to being seen as lazing and doin nothing but missing God is far worst.

are my activities drawing me away?



seeking God as a routine/part of an agenda?

guess its how we see why we need Him in our lives

is it a routine or a genuine need for Him?
we can, however, go to Him without a so called agenda
which is exalting, praising and worship. go to Him in thanksgiving
instead of always recieving from Him
bless and exalt His name too
least we forget why we do the things we do
least we forget what He has done

and least we forget why we need Him

God doesn't need us to praise, thank, worship Him.

We need to. We need to because we have the tendency to forget, neglect and take things for granted and be complacent.

We need to see where is our position and who we are before our mighty God.

We are at His mercy, everyday. 

Jas4:13-16


Was reading up the book of James recently. looking for a verse but couldn't find it but anyway, was glad i did.

The verse above reminded me of my position in Him. That i am constantly at His mercy. The fact that i can breathe, i can type right now, is His gift and mercy by His grace. i'm humbled.

My dreams are subject to His approval.

My ambitions and plans too.

Who am I to say that I will do it? who am I to say that He will lead me when in fact I'm leading myself?

Just by simply adding a few words in the sentences changed one's attitude.

instead of so often saying

God I want to do this! Help me!

say

God, if its your will, bless me with this that i want to do.


know our position before Him.

Do we consult God with our decisions daily? :)


book of James also spoke alot about doing things. eg. Jas4:17

Don't just listen and agree but do it. Lets put to practise with what we learn and read!

Show our faith by what we do. 

read the Word!



1 comment:

anna said...

I love the winter boots very much,so last day I purchased two pairs of ugg wintetr boots and some nice Power Balance from a shop,For my opinion,their boots have awesome quality and nice price for everyone,I think it maybe good for you.Good luck to you!Power Balance are also very poplar and fashion for you.I think you should have a try!