Tuesday, April 20, 2010

 I've had two realizations,

1- As I was talking to my mum during dinner, she was talking about some events in the past and some current issues, she kept praising God for things that have happened. As I thought about it, I realized God indeed has been blessing my family. He has heard and He has answered! Praise God. And I thank God as I write this down.


2- Sin robs us of our joy. And the sense of guilt/shame drives us away from God. With these thoughts, I sought to read His Word: 

Hebrews 9:22
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Two things: I am forgiven and it was Only through the blood of Jesus that was shed for me. I cannot earn forgiveness.

I struggle with self-righteousness, with that I struggle with guilt. Along with self-righteousness, I don't see the difference between my life then and now. A question my brother asked me 

What did Jesus saved you from?  

I couldn't answer it.

This morning I woke up and this thought came to me, I've found my answer.

A godless life with sin and a refusal to face them, constantly distracting myself with things (eg. gaming, work). I can fully understand Craig Thompson's words when he says; 

With nothing to do, I was left to face how unhappy I was. 

Jesus came for the sick and not for the well. I personally thought that I was pretty good but a life check brought otherwise. I am not well.

My sins have been forgiven through the blood of the Lamb. Only His blood. And I praise God for it.

I thank You for bringing my sins up. Not as a way to accuse me, but as a gentle reminder of who I was and could be without You. 

1 comment:

anna said...

I love the winter boots very much,so last day I purchased two pairs of ugg wintetr boots and some nice Power Balance from a shop,For my opinion,their boots have awesome quality and nice price for everyone,I think it maybe good for you.Good luck to you!Power Balance are also very poplar and fashion for you.I think you should have a try!